Town of Cudworth

A friendly and progressive community

History

The first pioneers in the late 1800’s came to this area. They were settled west of modern day Cudworth. German settlers arrived in 1903 and settled in nearby Leofeld.

When the village of Cudworth was established in 1911, it had been named after an Englishman named Ralph Cudworth. Ralph worked on the railroad and was a distinguished philosopher.

Present day Cudworth continues to consist mainly of families with Ukrainian, German, and French origins.